Terms and Conditions
Marine Collectors Terms & Conditions
Purchase with Confidence! Here at Marine Collectors, we strive to supply our customers with only the highest quality livestock available. The fish we sell are handpicked and inspected by expert hobbyists with over 30 years of collective experience. If the fish you purchase does not arrive alive, we'll gladly credit your account or ship you a new one. Free shipping is not applicable on replacement orders. Shipping costs are non-refundable; we are not liable for losses due to shipping delays or acts of god.
We're proud to say that we have over a 98% success rate with shipping fish. DOAs almost never happen; however, in the rare event of a casualty, it's important to know the terms and conditions of our guarantee. Please read carefully! We only cover Dead On Arrival losses (shipping not included on DOA replacements).
-Please do not discard the item without contacting us and receiving confirmation first: doing so will void all guarantees.
-Dead On Arrival(DOA): a message must be submitted within 1 hour of postmarked arrival along with a photo of the lost animal still in the bag.
-It's your responsibility to provide proof of your deceased animal. If we do not receive any form of proof that the animal is lost, we will not credit your account.
-We will cover the cost of replacing the DOA, but all customers are responsible for covering the ACTUAL cost of Shipping and an invoice for that shipping will be sent day of shipping your replacement which must be paid before the shipment is sent.
-You must be available for delivery and must receive the package on the first attempt, even if the shipment carrier is late with the package. We'll call, message, or email you to coordinate the best time for you to receive your package.
- All fish that are ordered will be held and quarantined for a minimum of 14 days, we'll cover and guarantee any items while in quarantine, unless otherwise stated.
- All fish must be shipped after quarantine is complete. We'll call, message, or email you to schedule shipping. If the fish are not taken after quarantine is completed, we cannot be held responsible for losses. We will always care for the animals to the best of our abilities regardless.
- Please always be 100% sure of your purchase prior to buying. It's always best to do research on the animals you're looking to house. This way it doesn't waste our time, your time, or potentially put an animal at risk.
- We ONLY ship within the continental USA. If you place an order and reside outside of the country, and we don't catch it prior to us procuring the fish for you, you WILL NOT be refunded. If you would like us to ship to a remote location, within the USA, that can be coordinated.
- Once items are purchased, they MUST be taken! We do not issue refunds, cancellations, exchanges, or indulge in any form of buyer's remorse once items have been purchased. You are paying for the service of Marine Collectors to acquire and quarantine fish for you, not purchasing off the shelf items. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
- We take pride in what we do, but as we are a commercial facility, perfect biosecurity is impossible to maintain. While we do our best, it is impossible for us to guarantee 100% clean and pathogen free fish, 100% of the time. We will never knowingly send unhealthy fish. To follow best practices, we recommend putting your new fish, after you receive them, into a sterile observation tank (separate from your main tank) for a minimum of 2 weeks to ensure that they are perfectly healthy. After you receive your fish, you acknowledge that are solely responsible for the care and well being of the fish once they have arrived. We can not be held liable for any contamination or losses that may occur to your new or existing fish.
-Once purchased, your fish will generally take 1-5 days to source prior to being quarantined. The total wait time from purchase date to delivery date is typically 2-4 weeks. It may take longer depending on the fish and the difficulties with quarantining.